Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Easy Purple Flower Cake

I made this cake for my Mother's birthday. She loves the color purple, and I thought a flower would make a pretty cake for her. I used yellow cake and baked it in two 8" circle baking pans. Then I put them in the refrigerator for at least an hour to cool, prepping the cakes to be cut and shaped. I added green food coloring to vanilla icing for the grass,  a small amount of red food coloring to the vanilla for the pink center of the flower, and a raspberry flavored purple icing for the pedals. Once the cakes cooled, I started by applying the green icing (grass) to the first circle shaped cake, making the base layer of the cake. Then, I cut the top circle cake into the desired shape (a flower), and applied the purple icing. I added the pink center and vanilla sides to the flower last. The cake tasted delicious and was super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment